Help to Buy
If you are looking to buy a brand new home with only a 5% deposit, the Government’s Help to Buy scheme can offer an equity loan of up to
20% of the property price.
- Help to Buy is open to first-time buyers only
- If you are married or in a civil partnership, your application will have to be made jointly - with both parties
qualifying as a first-time buyer
- You can use it on any new Bennett Home up to a purchase price of £407,400 the current limit in the East of England
- All you need is a 5% deposit and to secure a mortgage of 75% minimum from a bank or a building society
- The equity loan is interest free for the first five years
- After five years interest is payable at 1.75% which will rise annually by the Consumer Price Index (CPI) +2%
- The loan can be repaid at any time or when you sell your home
Terms and conditions apply.